Friday, September 4, 2009

My week in South Dakota *Day 3*

Thursday we drove to Mount Rushmore.

I learned that the guy who carved the Presidents into the mountain died before he put add President Lincoln's ear.
Carving History
Gutzon Borglum: Biography








Then we drove the Iron Mountain Road which is a road going up the side of the mountain that was a little high up plus the road had a lot of curves in it.
After we drove the Iron Mountain Road we drove the Needles Road this had a lot of curves and tunnels. Here are some of the photos from driving..







When we where on are way back to rapid city me and my grandma did the go-carts on laps 1 through 3 my grandma was in the lead on the 4 lap I was about 2 ta 3 inchs away from bumping her and we came to a left turn to go over a bridge and my grandma went left after the left turn so I went right and passed her. When we got back to the hotel I went swimming agian.

1 comment:

Melzie said...

ok those roads would have made me carsick, but the tunnel is cool!