Thursday, September 3, 2009

My week in South Dakota *Day 1*


The day my Grandma and I left was a Tuesday. We left at 5 in the morning after we got dressed and got every thing pack. We left my grandma's house and as we were backing out of the garage it was raining, so by the time we got to the cities we were in a thunder storm and by the time we got to South Dakota it was sunny. Which was weird and we drove all the way to Wall, S.D. and got to the motel about 4 pm. The hotel was nasty then we went to Wall Drug and had dinner there, got a couple of souvenirs. I got a real Raptor Claw fossil. After we finished shopping we went through the Badlands and my grandma didn't like the dirt roads because the wheels were shooting rocks up and the car was vibrating a lot.

(Huge field of Sunflowers in South Dakota that I thought my Mom would love)
(Stopped at a museum before we went to the Hotel, then I changed my clothes before we went on the first part of our adventure... er I think? Random photo of me anyway)

Badlands: Use to be covered by the water, and this is how the water shaped the area by erosion. My Grandma told me Indians use to hide in the Badlands. The Badlands is a rich area to find fossils.

Learn about Erosion
Interesting Reading:
Badlands: Early Indians and Explorers
Badlands National Park

These are pictures I took of the Badlands National Park

Here are some from my Grandma's camera



Here we are at Wall Drug - where we ate

Here is Grandma with Poker Alice
To Learn More About Poker Alice: Click Here

1 comment:

Melzie said...

I am a friend of your mom's :) you take very good pics Cal!